ACOUSTIX Pod is the first portable acoustic office both designed specifically for wheelchair access and compliance with building fire sprinkler requirements. We understand that your employee’s health and safety in the new “normal” COVID-19 environment is a top priority and it’s ours too.
- Fire Sprinkler Accessible Roofing is designed to enable sprinkler water flow for multi-storey buildings
- Usable Whiteboard End Panels
- Window Privacy & Decals (optional)
- Acoustic Panels Walls tested to 27% decibel reduction
- Sensor Activated Lights
- Circular Airflow System brings in office air. Design stimulates draw through and natural convection, while dual ceiling mounted fans maximise air exchange. Two air system models: standard two motor system or premium integrated Phillips TM HEPA filter system (optional)
- Integrated Power: 2 x GP and USB A & USB C, HDMI cabling and data (CAT6, CATa6, CAT7). All are ready-made to attach and all have power access and panel configuration for attachment of wall-mounted TV and monitors.
- Easy Access Powerwall Panels allow your IT department to run and connect any cabling in walls and ceilings. The quick-release panel system gives you team full flexibility.
- Optional lounges or sit-stand desks
Single Person Acoustix Pod / Telephone Booth
1270mm Wide (Door/opening side) x 1250mm Deep X 2165mm high
With glass on both sides ( door side and opposite side )
1080mm Wide (Door/opening side) x 850mm Deep x 2050mm high
With glass on the door side only
1080mm Wide (Door/opening side) x 970mm Deep x 2050mm high
ISO 23351-1:2020 testingAcoustix Pod is a Class A Speech Reduction Pod in accordance with ISO 23351-1:2020 testing.
ISO 23351-1:2020 standard measures speech reduction levels of phone booths, work pods, and other furniture ensembles and calculates a figure called “speech level reduction.” (decibels/dB).
Speech level is measured outside and inside the booth. The measurements calculate the decibel amount of speech level reduction provided by the product.
ISO 23351 classes pods and booths as A+, A, B, C, or D in accordance per amount of speech level reduction.
The booth/ pod must reduce at least 25 decibels/dB of sound to guarantee speech privacy in the typical office.
|Class||Speech level reduction (DS,A)||Speech privacy guaranteed?|
|A+||> 33 decibels/dB||For recording (fire alarms may not be audible)|
|C||20-25 decibels/dB||Depends on background noise level|
For example: if you are speaking inside a booth that’s Class B. (your speech averages 60dB). The Class B booth reduces speech levels by up to 30dB.
For reference, 30 decibels is about the power of a whisper.
Background noise for the vast majority of offices is at least 40dB. So the 30dB of sound that seeps outside the Class B work pod in this scenario will be masked by the office’s background noise. In short, none of your speech will be audible or intelligible to those on the floor.
Class A+, A, and B pods all reduce speech levels by at least 25dB. Say you’re speaking (again, at 60dB) in a pod that reduces your speech by at least 25dB. A maximum of only 35dB of your sound will seep outside of the booth onto the floor. This 35dB will be, in turn, inaudible and unintelligible on the typical office floor (given its 40dB of background noise which masks said 35dB).